TIP:

To watch video on this page, first click the "stop" button at the top your window to discontinue the music.

7.31.2007

Thing 8 - RSS feeds, Bloglines

Bloglines is an excellent resource for anyone that spends time surfing site to site for info, or for someone who seeks out news. That is not me. The exercise was not difficult to explore, it was interesting, but the hardest part was finding so many sites to subscribe to. Quite frankly, this was nothing more than an additional junk box for me to manage. Sure, a couple are handy. I love that I can now keep an eye on my fav YPL blogs without having to search each one for changes. But, other than that, at this point, it just isn't useful for me.

1 comment:

John said...

I found a few interesting sites, and I certainly appreciate not having to wade through so many ads and commercials, but the maneuvering grew tiresome. Also, now I have another user name and password to remember. And, that means remembering where I put the sheet that I marked all these passwords on! It's just not something I would be referring to much, if at all.

jty


ABOUT ME

Boring, MD, United States
When I moved from farmlife to "city" dwelling, I brought with me 2 dogs and 8 cats. What would possess me to do such a thing, you may ask. Companionship? Naivete? Insanity? No, an attempt to save their lives, and give them a quality of life they'd never dreamed existed. And, ok, maybe a little insanity...