TIP:

To watch video on this page, first click the "stop" button at the top your window to discontinue the music.

9.19.2007

Thing 19 - Explore Web 2.0 Awards nominees

Several of these sites I'm already familiar with. Care2 (Philanthropy) is a wonderful site, well organized and focused. I'm already a member. Pandora.com (Music) was a recent find. Now I use it all the time. It's wonderful personalized "radio" from your PC. And its great for finding new artists similar in style to your favorites. But for this excercise I explored Yelp.com and Fuzzmail.com. First with Yelp (City Guides & Reviews): I definately see myself using this. Yelp is a collection of, well much like wikis, comments on local restaurants, shows, shops, etc from real real people with real experiences, which, for me is fantastic. Most of my "vacations" are day trips, so having something like this at my fingertips allows me to plan a stop, instead of guessing about what's good, or wandering the town at 8pm unable to find an open restaurant. On to Fuzzmail (Fun Stuff): I enjoy "fun stuff" so this was right up my alley. I can't say if I'd use it or not, but it's cute anyway. Basically, for those of you who haven't tried it, its an email sent via web-link, so when the recipient opens it they watch "real time" as you are typing the email you've sent them including all changes, modifications, or yes, errors you've made in the process. Check out mine! I did find a downside though, it seems to take a while for the recipient to be notified, so don't send anything timely here!!

2 comments:

WABBIT said...

Hey there Farmer Jo, I can't find any of those Easter Wabbit Eggs? Give me a hint!

Farmer Jo said...

You're killing me here!! I'm sure I have more than a dozen eggs on this site! Keep looking. Check under every leaf. Don't leave any rock unturned. Many of them are web-links. Perhaps if you read between the lines...


ABOUT ME

Boring, MD, United States
When I moved from farmlife to "city" dwelling, I brought with me 2 dogs and 8 cats. What would possess me to do such a thing, you may ask. Companionship? Naivete? Insanity? No, an attempt to save their lives, and give them a quality of life they'd never dreamed existed. And, ok, maybe a little insanity...