TIP:

To watch video on this page, first click the "stop" button at the top your window to discontinue the music.

10.15.2007

Thing 22 - NetLibrary/Digital books

I like that on NetLibrary you're able to search content within the book so if there's only one specific item you're looking for, that's possible to do. Or you can go directly to a certain chapter and read only that (especially helpful for non-fiction titles), though I can't help but wonder how this is possible to get around copyright laws on newer titles.
As for YPL's digital books, generally, I like the layout, with the exception of there not including a subject search button- though it does seem to find items within a subject by selecting the "all" toggle button. It will be more helpful after receiving our MP3 players, so that we may actually follow the process through. That way when patrons inquire about the process we don't look like a bunch of idiots tripping over our words, only to conclude with "Sorry, I don't know."

No comments:


ABOUT ME

Boring, MD, United States
When I moved from farmlife to "city" dwelling, I brought with me 2 dogs and 8 cats. What would possess me to do such a thing, you may ask. Companionship? Naivete? Insanity? No, an attempt to save their lives, and give them a quality of life they'd never dreamed existed. And, ok, maybe a little insanity...